Friday, June 26, 2015

The Day I Died


Every day is a day worth living, but what constitutes a day worth dying? For me it was how I died that made it worth it. The day started like any other, I woke up early to the sound of the kids down the block playing and screaming at the playground. I always wake up before my partner Stacy who’s a heavy sleeper. Once Stacy had awoken, she made me breakfast and, while listening to NPR, she proceeded to tell me what was wrong with the government. Once she was ready we ran errands all over town. Whenever we go to town I feel like royalty, because I am always greeted with a smile and a treat no matter where we go. This particular day I stayed in the car for most of the errands due to the off and on rain showers. I don’t like rain. Once we got home from town the rain had subsided and the streets were painted with puddles. Stacy and I decided to go for a walk and enjoy the sunWe always start by walking to the playground because I love kids and today there were a lot of them playing. Once we got there we started to toss the old ball around and meet people. One of the people we met was a little girl named Emily who was 7. I liked her a lot because she smelled like peanut butter and liked to touch my face. On our way to continue our walk I went looking for Emily to say goodbye. Her mom was on her phone and Emily was no longer playing next to her. I smelled a whiff of peanut butter coming from the direction of the busy street. Emily was chasing after a ball that had wandered off. I ran over to see if I could catch the ball before her. Upon nearing Emily, I heard a big, loud, truck racing down the street. I didn’t think, I just ran as fast as I could and head butted Emily as hard as I could away from the truck. The truck slammed on its breaks, but because of the wet streets it was too late. Everything went red then white. I could hear Stacy and a few other people screaming and Emily cryingMy name is Sam and I am Stacy’s pit-bull. Today I died saving a little girl named Emily. Because I died to help someone live it was worth it.

No comments:

Cat. I am a kitty cat! ♫

You just sang "and I dance, dance, dance, and I dance, dance, dance"♫♪ Now that we have the formality of me making a random joke ...